Bridget Briggs, MDFamily Medicine Physician who specializes in functional medicine and epigenetics
Dr. Bridget Briggs, MD has been empowering patients to live inspired healthy lives for over 20 years. Her integrative approach and profound knowledge of genetics, epigenetics, nutrigenomics and biochemistry has paved the way to her advanced methods in precise, personalized, preventative medicine. Dr. Briggs is a board certified Family Medicine Physician who is at the forefront of the emerging science of genetics and how a patient’s DNA can be altered to prevent disease or treat current ailments with a personalized treatment plan.She specializes in functional medicine, bio-identical hormones, lipidology, women’s health, pediatrics, geriatrics, detoxification, nutritional and dietary support.Her expertise in genetic testing and interpretation allows her to develop a precise treatment approach leading to improvement in all areas of disease ranging from chronic migraines, fatigue, anxiety, depression, autism, GERD, IBS, SIBO issues among others.
Malisa Carullo BSc, MSc, NDClinical Affairs Liaison Metagenics
Malisa M. Carullo completed her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine at National University of Health Sciences in Chicago, Illinois. She completed her MSc. in biology at the University of
Ottawa with an emphasis on genetics and molecular evolution.
Malisa puts much focus on biological medicine and its treatment of chronic diseases, as well as healthy age management. Her practice interests include endocrinology, chronic infections, and
blending naturopathic medicine with sports medicine.
She is currently working as a Clinical Affairs Liaison at Metagenics.
Mark Newman, MSPrecision Analytical Inc.
Mark Newman, MS, is a recognized expert and international speaker in the field of hormone testing. Mark spent nearly 25 years developing and directing 24-hour urine, organic acid, and salivary hormone testing labs. His unique experience led him to pursue a revolutionary way to test hormones. Mark began his own lab, Precision Analytical Inc., to create the most comprehensive functional hormone test available, DUTCH® (a Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones). His vision for a better way to test hormones drove Mark to co-write multiple peer-reviewed research papers, which prove the effectiveness and accuracy of dried urine testing to comprehensively evaluate hormone health. Mark is committed to making it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to answer complex clinical questions through extensive education on validated hormone research. Every day, he and his team of experts work toward their mission to profoundly change one life, and then a million more through industry-leading functional hormone testing and education.
- Jun 20 2023
- 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Optimizing Menopause: Understanding the Role of Hormone Replacement Therapy and Natural Remedies for Symptom Relief and Long-Term Health Optimization
When you think about menopause, you may think about hot flashes, mood and libido changes, or other physical symptoms. But a comprehensive approach to menopause also manages risks to cardiovascular health, bone health, and all-cause mortality and provides an optimal opportunity to support patients as they look to maintain health for the rest of their lives. Join us for a fun and engaging discussion on how to take a whole-person approach to menopause management, considering natural remedies and hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for optimal symptom relief and health optimization. From lifestyle modifications to personalized treatment plans, we’ll explore the various strategies healthcare practitioners can use to support patients during the menopausal transition and beyond. Plus, we’ll wrap up with a live Q&A session to address your burning questions on natural remedies, HRT, and lab testing!
June 20, 2023
- Hormone Replacement Therapy: Friend or Foe?
- Hormone replacement therapy can be a controversial topic, but it is important for healthcare practitioners to understand the benefits and risks associated with this treatment option so you can decide whether HRT is the best option for your patients. In this section, Dr. Briggs will explore the different types of HRT, how they work, and the role of lab testing to monitor hormone levels and the effectiveness of HRT. Dr. Briggs will also take you through the symptomology related to the transition, help you navigate the hormonal changes that occur, and explain why they can wreak havoc on a woman's weight, sleep, and overall wellbeing. She will also review the impact of hormone changes on bone, cardiovascular, as well as cognitive health.
Speakers:Bridget Briggs, MD
- 5:00 PM
- Lab Testing & Monitoring for Menopausal Females
- Lab testing, and the information it provides, can help your menopausal female patients achieve their optimal health by providing real information you can act on. In this presentation, attendees will learn what testing approaches are available (serum, saliva, and urine) along with what peer-reviewed literature says about the best test methods to use for baseline hormone measurements as well as ongoing monitoring of the most common HRT delivery formats. Plus we will dive into how lab testing can help monitor the effectiveness of these natural remedies. Understand which tests can be most useful based upon the patient and therapy as well as when testing is not clinically useful and should be avoided. In addition to monitoring therapeutic dosing, learn other tests that may be appropriate for your patients both before initiating therapy as well as while they are on therapy to mitigate risk and successfully achieve your clinical goals for the patient.
Speakers:Mark Newman, MS
- 5:30 PM
- Nutritional Support Strategies for Menopausal Symptoms
- Discover the power of natural remedies for menopause symptom relief and hormone balance. We will explore the evidence-based research behind Siberian rhubarb and other phytoestrogens and how to incorporate them into your patients' treatment plan.
Speakers:Malisa Carullo BSc, MSc, ND
- 6:00 PM
- Panel Discussion Q&A