Bridget Briggs, MDFamily Medicine Physician who specializes in functional medicine and epigenetics
Dr. Bridget Briggs, MD has been empowering patients to live inspired healthy lives for over 20 years. Her integrative approach and profound knowledge of genetics, epigenetics, nutrigenomics and biochemistry has paved the way to her advanced methods in precise, personalized, preventative medicine. Dr. Briggs is a board certified Family Medicine Physician who is at the forefront of the emerging science of genetics and how a patient’s DNA can be altered to prevent disease or treat current ailments with a personalized treatment plan.She specializes in functional medicine, bio-identical hormones, lipidology, women’s health, pediatrics, geriatrics, detoxification, nutritional and dietary support.Her expertise in genetic testing and interpretation allows her to develop a precise treatment approach leading to improvement in all areas of disease ranging from chronic migraines, fatigue, anxiety, depression, autism, GERD, IBS, SIBO issues among others.
Malisa Carullo BSc, MSc, NDClinical Affairs Liaison Metagenics
Malisa M. Carullo completed her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine at National University of Health Sciences in Chicago, Illinois. She completed her MSc. in biology at the University of
Ottawa with an emphasis on genetics and molecular evolution.
Malisa puts much focus on biological medicine and its treatment of chronic diseases, as well as healthy age management. Her practice interests include endocrinology, chronic infections, and
blending naturopathic medicine with sports medicine.
She is currently working as a Clinical Affairs Liaison at Metagenics.
Mark Newman, MSPrecision Analytical Inc.
Mark Newman, MS, is a recognized expert and international speaker in the field of hormone testing. Mark spent nearly 25 years developing and directing 24-hour urine, organic acid, and salivary hormone testing labs. His unique experience led him to pursue a revolutionary way to test hormones. Mark began his own lab, Precision Analytical Inc., to create the most comprehensive functional hormone test available, DUTCH® (a Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones). His vision for a better way to test hormones drove Mark to co-write multiple peer-reviewed research papers, which prove the effectiveness and accuracy of dried urine testing to comprehensively evaluate hormone health. Mark is committed to making it easier for patients and their healthcare providers to answer complex clinical questions through extensive education on validated hormone research. Every day, he and his team of experts work toward their mission to profoundly change one life, and then a million more through industry-leading functional hormone testing and education.
- Jun 27 2023
- 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Addressing Hormonal Imbalances in the Menstruating Female Using Natural Remedies
Hormonal imbalances can cause a wide range of symptoms for cycling women, such as irritability, breast sensitivity, headaches, and acne. Unfortunately, current treatment options available within the conventional healthcare model may or may not relieve symptomology and leave women feeling discouraged. Join us as our expert speakers explore natural remedies, discuss case studies and protocols, as well as review current labs available for the treatment of these conditions.
June 27, 2023
- Optimizing Hormonal Health: Strategies for Managing Hormonal Complaints in Women Who Cycle
- Functional Medicine is uniquely positioned to support cycling women due to a lack of options for many hormonal complaints within the conventional healthcare model. Published literature shows a plethora of successful options for managing common complaints like premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and many more. In this presentation, Dr. Briggs will review successful approaches to care for cycling females, promoting fertility, and healthy, easy cycles.
Speakers:Bridget Briggs, MD
- 5:00 PM
- Building your Dispensary to Support Hormone Balance in Cycling Females
- Lab testing, and the information it provides, can help your menopausal female patients achieve their optimal health by providing real information you can act on. In this presentation, attendees will learn what testing approaches are available (serum, saliva, and urine) along with what peer-reviewed literature says about the best test methods to use for baseline hormone measurements as well as ongoing monitoring of the most common HRT delivery formats. Plus we will dive into how lab testing can help monitor the effectiveness of these natural remedies. Understand which tests can be most useful based upon the patient and therapy as well as when testing is not clinically useful and should be avoided. In addition to monitoring therapeutic dosing, learn other tests that may be appropriate for your patients both before initiating therapy as well as while they are on therapy to mitigate risk and successfully achieve your clinical goals for the patient.
Speakers:Malisa Carullo BSc, MSc, ND
- 5:30 PM
- Exploring Clinical Lab Testing for Women’s Cycles
- When cycling females present with irregularity or hormone-related symptoms, proper evaluation is critical to design an effective treatment plan. In this presentation, attendees will learn what options are available for reproductive hormone testing in cycling women. We will discuss baseline testing along with Functional Medicine testing options including urine- and saliva-based testing, cycle map tests, hormone metabolite testing, and more.
Speakers:Mark Newman, MS
- 6:00 PM
- Panel Discussion; Q&A