Top 12 Puzzle Pieces of a Healthy Lifestyle
Our health is most often determined, maintained and improved according to how balanced the following 12 key areas of lifestyle are working on a personal level. You are only as strong as your weakest link. There is no magic pill for your ill. The single instrument does not make the orchestra, only each instrument and each musician playing in concert will make beautiful music. Which of these 12 basic puzzle pieces are beat up or a little raggedy at the edges for you? Which areas do you need to focus on and improve to make that next step into a more fulfilling and healthy life? All of these are very powerful in themselves but when they all work together as you have personalized them and made them your own, the power of synergy takes you to the next level.
- Healthy Eating: Make a decision to enjoy whole natural foods every day.
- Movement and Exercise: Life is movement! Health is movement! Find which mix of movement and exercise keep you healthy and happy.
- Stay in balance and in charge: Staying in balance so you can deal with life´s constant stressors will keep you a victor instead of a victim.
- Relationships: 85% of what makes people really happy are their dear relationships, much more than stuff, money or career. When relationships break down, your health will suffer. Eating sprouts will not fix an abusive relationship. Invest in family, friends and community relationships.
- Passion and curiosity: Being inquisitive and passionate about life gives joy and longevity. The healthiest old people on the planet are those who have not lost their passion and curiosity. Old in years, they will die young.
- Personal development: Constantly improving, growing on the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and psychological levels contributes to great health and happiness. Keep developing, tweeking, improving!
- Thoughts: The power of positive visualization and positive thoughts have been scientifically proven in all areas such as business, sports and medicine. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what you think about it.
- Addictions: Addictions to food, alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs, medications, money, power, work, sex, gaming, etc sabotage relationships and health for a large number of people in your community, country and planet. Addictions sabotage lifestyle improvements. Get professional help to throw the monkey off your back.
- Environmental Toxins: Toxins in foods, water, air, offices, homes, cosmetics, clothes, plastics, cars, etc are all burdening your body and can contribute to hundreds of different chronic diseases. Choosing clean products and environments, along with regular and continual detoxification, are some of the most important keys to great health.
- Weight Management: The Western lifestyle together with environmental toxins, addictive substances in foods, the bombardment with ads for addictive foods have contributed to an epidemic of obesity that is bankrupting our healthcare system and the lives and families that are touched by it.
- Supplementation and treatments: Taking supplements in these times is not a luxury, but rather a necessity for optimizing your health and genetic potential. Personalizing your supplement program of vitamins, minerals, probiotics, enzymes, super foods, etc. will bring your health to a whole new level and protect you from environmental toxins, infections and many chronic diseases. Regular treatments such as massage, acupuncture and chiropractic care will keep you stronger and fitter.
- Health checkups and coaching: We all need to have regular preventative health checkups to find imbalances early before they develop into symptoms or disease. Making sure we have optimal liver function, blood sugar handling, hormone function, blood viscosity and control over silent inflammation are some keys to long term vitality. Many systems in your body can be breaking down without you knowing it. An integrative checkup will catch these dysfunctions early, making treatment easier.