Haddock En Papillote (Clean Cleanse Recipe)
- -4-6 ounces of fresh haddock fillets (you can use any white fish here)
- -1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- -2 celery stalks, cut into thin sliced on the bias
- -1 red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- -1 bulb fennel, thinly shaved (green tops discarded)
- -¼ inch thick slices of lemon (2 slices per fish)
- -a few splashes of white wine
- -a few small sprigs of parsley, roughly chopped (optional)
- -sea salt, to taste
- -parchment paper (1 large piece per serving/fillet)
The idea behind this is to create a tight seal with the parchment and to steam the ingredients inside the package, keeping the fish tender and flavorful.
- Preheat oven to 425. Prep all vegetables, if you haven’t already.
- Lay out two pieces of parchment paper large enough to fit the fish and a generous portion of vegetables with a few extra inches on all sides to spare.
- Put the fish on the paper first, then top with the prepared raw vegetables.
- Drizzle everything with white wine, sprinkle with sea salt and a bit of parsley, then fold the parchment over and around it all, crimping the sides to create a package.
- Place the packages on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillet you are using.
- To serve, simply tear open the top of the parchment (careful of the steam!) and serve warm.