Gingered Salmon Stir Fry (Clean Cleanse Recipe)
- -2 tablespoons sesame oil
- -8 ounces of wild salmon (roughly 1 thick fillet), cut into large chunks
- -1 cup snow peas, sliced into thin pieces
- -1 carrot, cut into thin rounds (no need to peel if using organic!)
- -1 bunch scallions, diced
- -2 tablespoons peeled and grated ginger
- -1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- -to taste: wheat-free tamari sauce
- -to taste: organic brown rice vinegar (or ume plum vinegar)
- -1/4 cup dry roasted cashews (either whole or in pieces)
- Season the salmon pieces with sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat, adding the sesame oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the salmon pieces and brown, cooking each side for about 2 minutes.
- After you flip them the first time, add the snow peas and carrots, and after the salmon’s second sides are browned, begin to toss everything gently several times (and every so often) as you add the ginger and garlic.
- Cook until fragrant and all vegetables are tender, then add a few splashes of tamari and vinegar, and taste, adjusting if needed.
- Place a lid on the pan and allow to steam for just another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in the cashews and scallions, tossing once or twice to combine before serving.