Garlic Crusted Chicken Nuggets with Thai Dipping Sauce (Clean Cleanse Recipe)
Crusted Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 egg 2 tablespoons coconut or almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- ¼ cup olive oil + 3 tablespoons extra
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large or 2 small boneless chicken breasts
- a few sprigs of parsley for garnish (optional)
Thai Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups dry-roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup wheat free tamari or 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoons red chili paste (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root or 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- optional: 1 or two drops stevia (to taste, you don’t want it too sweet, you might not need any at all)
- juice of 1 lime ¼ cup coconut milk (as thick or thin as you want) 1/4 cup hot water (as needed)
Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or else be prepared to really scrub it afterwards.
- Prepare the chicken coating. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and non-dairy milk. In a large plastic bag, combine almond meal, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then put them into the plastic bag and shake until well-coated.
- Place them on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup olive oil and bake for 8-10 minutes.Meanwhile, mix together the 3 tablespoons olive oil with the vinegar, minced garlic, and ground pepper. Set aside for the flavors to mix. This is the sauce you’ll serve the chicken with.
- Make the Thai sauce. Place all sauce ingredients, except for the water, into a high speed blender. Puree on high, using the water to help thin the sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Turn the chicken pieces and let bake for another 3-5 minutes until crispy and golden. To serve, remove from oven, and place in a deep dish. Drizzle the pepper-garlic sauce over the pieces, tossing to coat , sprinkling with parsley if you wish. Serve warm with the Thai sauce for dipping.